Thursday, July 22, 2010

BYU Father Son Camp

When I downloaded some pictures, I realized that James had used my card in his camera and I had pictures of the father's son basketball camp at BYU. Then I realized that I hadn't added this event to our family history. I will take that opportunity now.

Over Memorial Day weekend, James and Luke went down to Provo to the BYU Father Son Basketball Camp. This is the third year they have participated in the event. It has become a tradition for them. This year was fun because they were joined by Mark and his two boys and some friends from the neighborhood. I know Luke had fun hanging out with his cousins and his friends. It was nice of Mark to be a surrogate Dad for Luke when James had to come back up here to fulfill bishop duties.

The boys and their dads get to participate in all kinds of sports activities, meet the BYU team players, attend firesides and the Spoken Word in Salt Lake. They stay in the dorms so they get the campus experience as well. Luke said his favorite part was learning how to play basketball better. James' favorite part is spending time with his son.