Monday, February 15, 2010

Holiday of Love


As you know, Valentine's Day was on Sunday this year. To celebrate, I decided to make everyone pajamas. My kids like to come home from church and put on pajamas. It doesn't matter what time we have church, they wear pajamas most of the day. I thought it would be a fitting gift for the holiday. As I was working on them, I decided I'm glad that Valentine's only falls on Sunday about every seven years. I don't plan to make it a yearly tradition. The kids did like it though. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get the sizing right for Luke's and James'. Let's just say, if they had a pair of suspenders they'd fit great! I guess I'm not quite done with project because I have to fix theirs.

James and I celebrated the holiday on Saturday with our friends. We are very blessed to have good friends. They are the kind of friends that you are comfortable with and can just pick up where you left off, no matter how often you get together. We don't see each other as much as we used to because of ward splits but we still have fun when we do. We went to a movie in Salt Lake and then drove up to Park City for dinner. At dinner, James surprised me with a new ring. He had taken the girls with him to help pick it out. It is stunning and I'm still getting used to it. What a sweetheart he is.

We had our traditional Valentine dinner where everyone gets to pick what they want. I had to do some advance preparations because it was falling on Sunday but it all came together. My mom came up so I prepared meatloaf for her. My kids couldn't believe that she would pick meatloaf but I informed them I had been to restaurants with her and she'd order meatloaf. We went around the table sharing reasons why we loved each other. Matthew's reasons got a little lengthy and unintelligible but his heart was in the right place. It's always fun to hear what the kids come up with and it was nice to include grandma.

We hope you all had a great holiday and know that we love you.