Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Treats


One of our traditions at the Valentine season is to make treats for the kids' Primary teachers. For family home evening this week, that is exactly what we did. We had sugar cookies and cream-filled cupcakes (I found a great recipe for cream filling!) The kids made cards for their teachers and then decorated cookies. We loaded up the car and got ready to go.

Our first stop was for Matthew's teachers. I wasn't sure if he would do it but he was excited to give it a try. He carried the plate up to the teacher's home and when they answered the door he would yell, "Happy Balentine's." It was so cute


When we got to Savannah's teacher she told me she had Brother and Sister Wood. Because I'm still not entirely familiar with everyone in the ward, I didn't question her. I pulled out the ward directory and told her there was no Wood in the ward. She said she was sure it was Wood because it was just like Robin. . .Hood. We kind of laughed but I knew there was a Hood family in the ward. Unfortunately, when I heard Hood, I pictured a different family. I drove to their house and dropped Savannah off. As she was ringing the doorbell, I realized my mistake. We were not at the Hood home but another family in the ward. I tried to call her back before they answered the door but I was too late. My two other girls continued screaming out the car that she was at the wrong house. I quickly told them to be quiet before we made the situation even more embarassing. Savannah came back to the car a little bewildered. I apologized to her as I told her this was the wrong house. We went back home and made up another plate and delivered to the right family. We didn't have time to make up another card but at least Savannah was able to deliver a treat to the right people. I have to wonder what the other family thought receiving a plate of goodies from Savannah and a card to a non-existent family.