Monday, February 15, 2010

Poo Poo Party!

We are happy to announce that Matthew has mastered the potty!! He was so close for so long but was unwilling to clear the last hurdle. I finally promised him a party with cake, balloons, etc. if he would face his potty fears. Once Heather and Savannah heard the word "party" they jumped on the encouragement bandwagon. I think that's finally what did the trick. The girls wanted a party as bad as Matthew did so they kept asking him if he needed to use the potty and would try to take him. I think he didn't want to disappoint them (I guess he doesn't care about disappointing me.) He finally fulfilled his end of the bargain so I fulfilled mine. We had a poo poo party, sang happy poo day, and even had a chocolate cake (I'm sure you can guess the significance of that). We're keeping our fingers crossed that he is potty-trained. He has gone nearly a week without an accident. This is the first time in 12 years we have not had someone in diapers, I think James and I deserve a party too!