Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Already?!

I can't believe that we are already into March. The time really seems to fly by. We have kept busy with various projects and daily routines. My de-cluttering project continues to move forward. I have now moved to de-cluttering my recipe collections. James gave me a fun gadget for Christmas that stores all of my recipes and keeps them on the countertop in the kitchen. To make the most of this handy tool, I have been downloading all of the recipes that I have used or intend to use. This means going through years of magazines (I have subscribed to a fun recipe magazine for about six years), finding the recipes I like, downloading pictures and words. One recipe takes very little time but it really adds up. I have enlisted the kids to help me go through the books and magazines. When this project is finished, I will only have a couple of cookbooks and my recipe holder. This will free up an entire shelf in the pantry.

Luke particpated in the District Science Fair this week and took third place. He will now enter his project in the Weber County Fair. Unfortunately, we were not able to attend the awards ceremony because he had orientation for Junior High on the same night. It is hard to believe that he is headed to Junior High. I was impressed with the numerous clubs and programs available at his school. He had fun learning about all of them and running around the school with his friends. I don't think he will have much problems adjusting socially.

Lindsey and her dad spent the last week in Vancouver, Canada at the Olympics. They had a great time! It was a unique experience for them. They were able to attend many of the Olympic events and got to enjoy a variety of experiences. Lindsey said her favorite thing to watch was the Curling. I was surprised because they got to go to a few of the ice skating events. There is a curling arena in Ogden (thanks to the Olympics held in Utah). We may have to check it out as a family.

While they were gone, I did a small makeover on my bedroom. I painted and distressed my bedroom furniture. I also tweaked the color scheme a bit. It actually turned out better than expected. James came home to a different bedroom.

As we move into this third month of the year, I'm happy to report that we are all healthy and happy, striving to do our best to serve each other and those around us. I am often taken back by the blessings that we receive. I am grateful for those blessings.