Sunday, April 10, 2016

Heather is 15

It's hard to believe, but Heather is officially fifteen years old.  We celebrated her birthday this week with the traditional breakfast in bed followed by presents.  We tried for family dinner that night but had to try again the next night in order to get everyone there.  I have to say, that was probably the best family dinner we have had.  The four teenagers sat at the end of the table and really talked with each other.  No one fought and everyone got a long so well.  My heart swelled with love as I caught a glimpse of their eternal friendship that has been developing for ages.  They are such great kids and so supportive of one another.

I was in the temple earlier that day and I was thinking of Heather.  I was struck by how much I admire Heather.  She is an incredible example of peace.  She generally finds peace within herself and is genuinely happy.  She also likes to create peace in the family and will often make sacrifices to encourage peacefulness.  I know that I don't naturally do that and Heather's example has inspired me to do better.  I realize that each child has their own gifts and talents to help everyone in the family grow.  What a blessing Heather has been in my life and those around her.