Sunday, July 29, 2012

Matthew Graduates Preschool

As you can tell, I am playing catch up for the end of the school year and into Summer.  It seems like we stepped on a slippery slide in about March and have been speeding through time since then.  Things haven't reallys slowed down but the guilt has gotten greater so I am making a better effort to record events.  Since Matthew starts Kindergarten in two weeks, I thought it was important to record the events of preschool graduation before the next era of education begins.

Matthew had a great preschool experience this year.  He was in a carpool with three other friends in the neighborhood and their discussions were never dull.  I learned that five year olds debate everything!! There were healthy discussions about who's brother was the strongest, where babies come from, which color trash can is better--green or black, if snow skiing is better than surfing, which Disney princess is the best, etc, etc, etc, (and I mean etc).  I had no idea that preschoolers were so knowledgeable about so many different subjects.  I will miss those rides Miss Tonya's house.

The graduation ceremony itself was fun.  Miss Tonya had created a slide show and story that she shared and the children sang songs that went along with it.  I realized Matthew is quite tall for his age when he stands next to all the others.  I think the boys around him were more concerned with the balloons behind them than singing the songs but that's what makes it funny to watch.  I'm grateful for the friends and teachers Matthew had in preschool.  He is very prepared to start Kindergarten and he is quite excited to do so.