Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lindsey is 13

May 3, Lindsey officially became a teenager.  It is hard to believe she has reached that milestone.  I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished.  She is a very self-driven young woman.  She sets a lot of goals and pushes herself to succeed.  I know she has many great years ahead.

Lindsey decided for her birthday she wanted to spend the day shopping with her sisters-- "a girl's day" as she put it.  This meant checking all the girls out of school early so we could have lunch and go shopping.  She was generous enough to encourage her sisters to all buy things for themselves too.  It became a gift giving day for everyone.  The girls all had a lot of fun trying on clothes and shoes but I think they had the most fun being together. It was probably one of the most enjoyable birthday parties I've had for any of my kids because there was no party preparation, no cleanup, and I didn't have to stress about picking the right gifts because Lindsey picked out her own things and for the first year, I know she liked everything she got.