Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lego Mindstorms

Heather had the opportunity to participate in Lego Mindstorms this year.  She and her partner meet after school and build a robot, program it, and test it-- all in preparation for the Mindstorms competition.  A couple of days before the competition they had a parent's open house to show us what they had accomplished.  I must admit, I was very impressed.  As Heather and her partner walked me through how they had programmed their robot, I realized I didn't understand the words coming out of their mouths.  I just smiled and told them how smart they were.  I'm not sure if I should be happy that my children are so smart and learning so much, or feel bad that I feel kind of dumb.  I will choose to be happy!

I enjoyed Heather's partner, he was positive they were going to win.  He had a scout campout the day of the contest and had to leave before awards were given.  He gave Heather his mom's cell phone number so Heather could call her with the results then the mother could call him at scout camp and let him know the outcome.  They didn't win, but they did get second place which included a medal.  Good Job!