Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jump and Jivin'

Lindsey had a dance competition with the ballroom dance team she has been participating on through the elementary school. Their group did a swing dance that was set to 50's music. They did a great job! Their team got second place. Lindsey loved dancing but she was uncomfortable with the part where her partner pulls her through his legs. She is taller than he is and she told me she has to duck really low to fit through his legs and then feels like she can't get through. I chuckled but told her I could totally feel her pain. It would be very awkward to be at that age and have a smaller dance partner trying to pull you through his legs. I had flashbacks of high school, slow dancing with boys that were shorter than I. During their performance, Lindsey made it through his legs and he pulled her up so all went well!

I have to admit that I actually enjoyed this dance competition. The older kids that performed were amazing. I keep telling James we should take ballroom dance lessons but so far he refuses. Maybe I'll request it for my birthday.