Sunday, April 10, 2011

Update on the House, Chapter 5

As I mentioned earlier, the painters came and went this month. Picking out colors was much more stressful than I expected it to be. What I was positive I liked turned out to be awful once it was put on the wall. Generally when I pick paint, I have a swatch of fabric or wallpaper that I have the paint store match it to. I've decided it's much more difficult to nail down the color when it's in your head. After a few tries, and many sample swatches on the wall, we finally came up with a yellow we liked. The living room is green which I picked on the first try--Hooray! The blue was great until two days after they were finished James decided he didn't like it and was going to have them repaint it. I told him that was not going to happen. I convinced him to give it a chance and wait until everything was put together then he could decide and we could re-do it later. He has since decided that he does like it and we are good to go. This is a good thing as he is the one who picked the blue and insisted that was the shade, hue, etc we needed to have. I'm just really relieved that part is over. I've decided that I don't enjoy design as much as I thought it would. I would prefer people tell me what to do. Anyway, here are some pictures.