Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It seems like Halloween snuck up on us this year but we did manage to get some fun things in. We went to Lagoon on Saturday, the 30th, which was actually Halloween out here in Utah. Lagoon always puts on Frightmares at this time of year. We had a really great time. One of those days where the kids get along and ejoy each other. We only planned on staying about an hour but ended up staying five hours. When it was time to leave, the haunted houses were just opening up. Heather really wanted to do a Haunted House because she hadn't done one before. It was starting to rain so James took the others home and Heather and I stayed. It truly was a haunting experience. The haunted house we went through was 3D. We had to wear glasses as we walked. After the first room, Heather took hers off so it wouldn't be as scary. I have to admit, I was pretty freaked out too. With the 3D glasses, the black lights, and the costuming, it really appears people are coming out of walls, etc. The actors were great at getting right up into your faces and making you feel like you couldn't get past. At one point, I literally had to push Heather forward so we could get out of this area. (I'm laughing as I type this because it was so funny, scary but funny!) We finally worked our way through all of the areas but ended up racing out at the end because we were being chased by chainsaws. It was an experience I will never forget and I'm glad I shared it with Heather. I don't know if I'll ever get to again because she may never go into another haunted house!

If you went trick or treating in our neighborhood, this is what you would have seen:


We had a big rainstorm but we also got to see one of the prettiest rainbows at sunset. The sky was orange and red and there was a rainbow in the middle of it. It was beautiful!

Most of the kids went trick or treating despite the rain. Luke didn't trick or treat this year because he had a party to go to instead. I got to help at the party, I was having withdrawals of not having our annual Halloween party so I was grateful to be a part of this one. The kids came up with great costumes this year. I had to do some rummaging at the DI to help them but they were very creative.

Luke as the Mad Hatter.

Lindsey as Frankenstein.

Heather as "Road Kill"-- very clever I thought.

Savannah as a Pumpkin Witch-- the costume I made for her birthday party.

Matthew as our fearless Knight!