Sunday, September 5, 2010

Update on the House, Chapter 2

I know there are some wondering about the progress of our remodel. Here are some pictures of what you see when you look out our windows or from the street.


The walls are finally going up and the brick has been coming down. It seems to be that I have very little warning before moving and cleaning has to be done. I was in the kitchen when all of a sudden there was loud pounding and things started falling off the walls. That was the day they started removing the brick. I quickly ran around and took down all our pictures and wall hangings. While we were on vacation we received word that the remainder of the things downstairs had to be cleared out. Thank goodness for Marcia, Dan, Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Paul who were willing to help us out there. I will now begin packing up the kitchen things that we don't use so it won't be such a surprise when they come in and say it "needs to be done by tomorrow."

I did meet with the cabinet maker, a man from our ward. We went through the first draft of the cabinets and shelving for the addition. It was fun to see the kitchen in an actual 3-D drawing. The hard part is making the decisions of what I like and want. There is so much to choose from.

You can open the back door without fear of falling into a 10 foot deep pit. The kids like to go out and see. They are very fascinated that the builders left a bag of "Chips Ahoy" wedged between the framing. I know they so badly want to eat them. I'm pretty sure they don't like that type of cookie but the fact that we have a bag of cookies stuck in the wall brings them great joy.