Sunday, April 19, 2009

Matthew loves the DI!


Yesterday, I had Matthew with me as I took a load of clothes to drop off at Deseret Industries. Now most of you know, I am a fan of the DI. Some time ago as I drove by the DI, a child of mine queried, "Mom, why does dad call that the junk store and you call it the treasure store?" I believe I am raising Matthew right. He learned to say "DI" a long time ago and I know he finds treasure there, not just junk. Back to yesterday-- after dropping off the clothes, my plan was to return home because I was running late. As I drove past the entrance, Matthew, asked if we could go in. Not wanting to deny my son the joy of the DI, I pulled over and parked. I told Matthew we would just take a quick peak inside and see if there was any treasure to be found. As we walked through the doors Matthew, looked at me with a big grin on his face and said, "I love the DI!" and if that wasn't enough, he wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "Give me a big hug mom." For a mom that's a fan of the DI, it was a moment to be remembered!