Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lindsey's 4th Grade Program, March 2009



As Spring rolls in, so do the school programs. Lindsey started off our program season with her 4th Grade, "This is the Place," program. In case we missed anything last year when Luke did it, we got a recap of it this year (and I'm pretty sure we'll see it three more times before we're finished.) We got to view the program through the eyes of the pioneers this year-- last year Luke was an Indian. Lindsey was very excited about her program and she did a great job. As they started preparing for the program, she came home kind of bummed because she didn't get to dance the Virginia Reel. She told me she was chosen to sing one of the solos. I congratulated her and told her that was actually a privilege but she wasn't convinced and insisted it was one of the worst parts in the play. Lady luck smiled on Lindsey, however, because a few days later she was told she could do the Virginia Reel and sing. Lindsey was on cloud nine.


Preparing for the 4th grade program is quite a bit of work--for the parents! There is a county report to be done, a county float to be made, a brochure to be designed, a project to enter in the mock state fair needs to be done, and a county product display has to be put together. And, did I mention, the 4th grader needs a costume for the program. I must give credit where credit is due, they do most of the report in class. As for the rest. . . I think I earned an A+. Sarcasm aside, Lindsey did a great job! She worked hard on the things she could help with and I know that she learned a lot.