Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"I don't know" is not a word!

You have to love the curiosity of young minds. As kids hit the age of about three years old, and can carry on conversations, they want to know everything. Their endless questions can be exhausting. I hope I'm not the first parent who, occasionally, tunes out the eternal queries and just answers, "I don't know." In the past, I have found that this response will end the interrogation for a moment, giving me a little respite. However, I am again reminded that all my kids are different, and this response does not satisfy Matthew. If I answer a question with, "I don't know," he is quick to reply, "'I don't know' is not a word, Mom." He then waits for a real answer. Sometimes, I have to make things up, because once in a while-- I really "don't know!"