Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet Savannah Turns 6

October 22 was the day Savannah was born, six years ago. Savannah was very excited for her birthday this year. She kept counting down the days. I kept telling her she had to stay five forever because she was so sweet. Her response would be, "Can I stay six forever, I want to have one more birthday." Well, that day came and she is now six and still just as sweet.

Savannah woke up to breakfast in bed. Her breakfast of choice was blueberry pancakes. Lest you think I am an overly ambitious mom making blueberry pancakes early in the morning, I'll let you in on a secret--you can buy a big bag of frozen blueberry pancakes at Wal-Mart and they are delicious, and the best part is they are ready to eat in one minute!! Anyhow, after breakfast we had presents. Savannah wanted the barbies from the new Three Musketeer movie. Between mom and dad and Grandma and Grandpa Yardley, she got a few of them. I think one of her favorite presents was a Belle music box Heather and I were able to get at Disneyland without Savannah knowing it. Savannah saw it there and really wanted it. Heather kept her occupied in one store while I purchased it. Heather was really excited to give it to her. That night we had the traditional birthday dinner. Savannah picked pot roast with all the trimmings. We also made a lemon blueberry cake. This was the first birthday cake that was eaten entirely. I usually throw away more than half the cake because no one really likes cake. I'll put the recipe up on this blog. Thanks to Nicole and mom for the cake mix recipe books that have opened my eyes to a whole new world of cakes!


Savannah had a party with her friends a little later in the week. She wanted to have a "Butterfly" party. She invited some school friends and friends from the ward. They made big butterflies out of posterboard, played a butterfly treasure hunt, painted butterflies, and hit the piniata. Of course, this was all topped off with cake, ice cream, and presents. Her cake was a combination of ducks and butterflies because those are her favorite things. She says it was her best birthday ever. I'm sure that will be her thought until next October 22nd.