Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heather goes to New York

Heather went to New York with her dad, her uncle Taylor, and her cousin, Sophie. This is a synopsis of her trip in her own words...

First we met at the airport in Salt Lake City. We got on the plane and flew to New York. We flew through the night. When we landed we went to our hotel, I was tired. We took a little nap. I watched a movie while everyone slept. After everyone woke up, we got breakfast. We went to the U.S. Open but it was raining so it was cancelled. That night we went to see Shrek the Musical. It was fun!! My favorite part was when Shrek was a little ogre and he had to leave his parents because he looked really cute and Princess Fiona also looked cute when she was little. It was a funny play.

The next day we woke up, ate breakfast, then we went to the US Open. Because the earlier game had been rained out they said we could watch that game. It was fun, Sophie and I also got pizza. We got to go to FAO Schwartz, a big toy store. We looked at all the stuffed animals and played on the giant piano. We also went to the American Girl Doll store. We saw a lot of American Girl dolls and I got to pick out some pajamas for myself and my doll. Later we went to our hotel and took showers and everything and got ready to go and see Wicked. Wicked was awesome!! I liked Glinda because she was really funny.

The next day was Sunday so we got ready and went to Church. We went to Sacrament meeting downtown. The temple is in the same building as the church. After church we went to Central Park in our dresses. We hung out there and did a weird questionaire thing that Sophie got at the American Girl Doll store. Then we went back to our hotel and spent the day resting.


Monday we went to the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building. We got to go inside the Statue of Liberty and to the top of the Empire State building. You could see all of New York City from the top. Later we went to Toys R Us in Times Square and we also went to the M&M Store. The M&M Store is really weird because they tried to make it look hip hoppy and stuff and it looked really weird. At the end we went to our hotel and packed everything up and flew home.


I had a lot of fun with my dad and it was fun being with Sophie. Sophie and her dad were really funny. I wish I could go to New York again someday it is so much fun to go there with my cousin.