Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ashlyn's First Birthday

It is hard to believe but Ashlyn is one year old!!  Where does the time go?  When I had four small ones at home, before any of the kids were in school, the days seemed a little longer.  Now that all the kids are in school and involved in so many activities, a year passes in the blink of an eye.  I still don't get as much accomplished in a day as I hope to but I've learned to do what I can and not worry about the rest (at least I tell myself that--there are still times I feel anxious because there is so much still to do).

Ashlyn has truly been a blessing in our lives.  If I had to describe her in one word, it would be sweetheart.  She is so precious and calm with a smile that lights up your heart.  It has been fun watching the older kids fall in love with her.  She has a special relationship with each of her siblings.  Some of them will be out on their own before Ashlyn gets big enough to remember her interactions.  I hope the older ones will remember how much they love and care for her right now.