Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ashlyn's Blessing Day

Ashlyn was blessed on March 25, 2012.  It was a wonderful day full of family and friends.  She was blessed by her dad who blessed her with love for her parents and siblings, a desire to serve the Lord, a love for the scriptures, opportunities to serve a mission and marry in the temple, among many other things. 

I have realized, once again, with the birth of Ashlyn what a wonderful blessing it is to have children.  I am also very aware that they are Heavenly Father's children and I have the privilege of helping them become who He wants them to be.  It is easy to forget their spiritual nobility when they are fighting or making messes, etc, but it gives me perspective when I do remember this.

We enjoyed having so much family in our home.  My sister, Nicole, flew in from Texas with her daughter, Emily, to attend General Young Womens' Conference.  It worked out we were blessing Ashlyn that same weekend.  It was great to go to that conference with Lindsey, Nicole and Emily.  It was also a godsend having Nicole and my mom here to help me get the dinner organized for Sunday afternoon.  We had fun visiting with all the cousins, aunts, and uncles.