Sunday, February 20, 2011

Update on the House, Chapter 4

What?! Another update in less than a month?! They must be making great progress! If that is what you are thinking as you read this, you would be incorrect. It is still slow moving here but I must admit that I can see an end in sight. I can walk around this project and pick out the handful of things left to do. I'm not sure when those handful of things will get done, but the list is shrinking. I am happy to report that my closet is finished! It doesn't have carpet because that will come when they carpet everywhere else, but I have been able to move our stuff back in which has freed up quite a bit of space in the bedroom. I am also happy to report that the pantry is mostly finished. Enough that I have moved the microwave in and it has become a makeshift kitchen. They have to add the adjustable shelves and grout the tile, but I do have a small area that I can kind of cook and keep some food. The trim is nearly finished. They have promised to be done by March 1st. If they continue how they have been I don't see it, but I have been told they will finally bring in the whole crew to wrap it up. I have been told that before so I am not holding my breath. The guy that has been coming everyday (make note I said guy, not guys) to work on trim has been doing a great job. I really like what has been done. The tile downstairs is finished except for the doorway where they ran into some trouble with an uneven floor and have to get creative. Here are some pictures of where we are.

Our closet-




The Pantry--



The ceiling in the dining room-



The living room--




The family room--



Ceiling as you go downstairs--


Bathroom downstairs--


Luke's room--


Lindsey's room--